Hey, any updates on the 2.8x version?
Cubecus for Blender 2.7x
A downloadable level editor
Cubecus is a set of Blender level design tools for level editing and building architectural forms. It should feel familiar to users of Valve's Hammer Editor but also to Blender users as it features deep integration (where possible) with Blender's existing tools.
Current present in this toolkit:
- Primitive Manipulator (The white selection box)
- Create primitives of desired size and resolution
- Manipulate any Blender object
- Duplication with Shift + Drag
- Flip horizontal and vertical
- Snap to custom unit or grid size
- All actions exist as Blender operators so are mappable to hotkeys and shown as buttons
- Automatically tries to adjust if you run another operator (scale, translate, any...)
More to be added in the future...
Issues and help are tracked in GitHub.
If you find use in this tool, consider supporting me on Patreon .
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
There are not as of right now. The Python API changed quite a bit and I still haven't learned Blender 2.8x
Any plans to update it to newer versions of Blender (2.8x)?
Yeah, it's in my backlog. Blender 2.8 has the scale cage that (last I used during the beta) worked very similarly but had issues with the quadview.
Was there anything you saw in this that Blender 2.8s scale cage can't do? I haven't gotten enough time to thoroughly mess with it.
Problems with quadview?. I haven´t noticed any problems at the moment.
Maybe they fixed it during the bug squashing. It had issued where it would scale in multiple axes even in the quad view, which was unexpected/undesirable. Cubecus for 2.8x at that point might just be sort of a scale cage enhancements, with easy measurements and hotkeys like Hammer had.